Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is included in my weekly rate?When you arrive at Brookside, you have access to almost all of our facilities and equipment! This includes our swimming pool and sauna, miniature golf course, tennis courts, water toys, activities, and much more. View a full list of what is included in your weekly rate visit.
2. Is there Internet access at Brookside?We are happy to be able to offer FREE WIFI to our guests in our main lodge.
3. Is the swimming pool heated?Our swimming pool is heated to 85 degrees all summer long!
4. What is Kindernook?Kindernook is our FREE supervised children’s activity for kids ages 2-7 years old on Monday-Friday from 9:30-11:30 a.m. Our staff will entertain your kids with games, crafts, and a fabulous fenced-in playground while you enjoy two hours of uninterrupted time.
5. Where can I do my laundry at Brookside?We have a coin operated laundry facility on-sight that is open 24-hours/day. You can purchase laundry detergent in our lodge.
6. Will I have my own dock space?Every cabin rental comes with a free dock space and a 14-foot aluminum fishing boat. Each dock is shared by two cabins and you can rent a 6 horsepower motor by the day or by the week.
7. Is there anything I need to know if I’m bringing my own boat?At Brookside, we are diligent in protecting the health of our lake. Because of the concerns with Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) in Minnesota lakes and rivers we ask that you take all of the recommended precautions if you are bringing your own boat during your stay. These precautions include:
- emptying your bilge, livewell, and bait containers (Minnesota state law requires that you remove your drain plug while transporting a boat on a public road)
- inspecting your boat for any visible aquatic plants before leaving any body of water
- disposing of any unwanted bait in the trash
- drying your boat for at least 5 days before putting it in a new body of water.
For more information about stopping Aquatic Invasive Species visit: www.mndnr.gov/invasives
8. How is the fishing?Two Inlets Lake offers a variety of fish species including Sunfish, Bluegills, Crappie, Northern Pike, Walleye, Rock Bass, Large Mouth Bass, and Perch. Our lake is clean and easy to navigate – making it the perfect lake for fishing or recreational boating!
9. Will I be able to see loons on Two Inlets Lake?We are lucky enough to have three pairs of loons on our lake! Each summer they return to nest and lay eggs and a favorite lake activity is watching the baby loons.
10. What can I do if it rains?Brookside offers a great deal of fun no matter what the weather! Our indoor activities include a game room, vintage play loft, ice cream snack bar, and library. We offer most of our activities, rain or shine – and our indoor-outdoor heated swimming pool offers fun no matter what the weather.
11. Are there organized activities for the whole family?YES! One of our most unique features is the extensive schedule of daily activities for the whole family. These activities include everything from our daily Kindernook program to FREE waterskiing lessons to Bingo! We also offer FREE golf tournaments, a Kids’ Cruise, and Guest versus Staff softball and volleyball games.
12. What time is check-in?Our check-in time on Saturday afternoon is 4:30 p.m. We ask that you do not arrive before this – as we need this time to prepare for your stay.
13. What time is check-out?Our check-out time on Saturday morning is 9:30 a.m.
14. Can I bring my pet(s)?Because of our focus on kids and families, we have a strict “no pets” policy at Brookside.
15. Is there a place for bonfires?We have 3 portable bonfire pits available to rent for one night during your stay. Our staff will deliver the fire pit to your cabin complete with wood and kindling. Cabin #25 also has its own private, permanent fire pit.
16. Are the cabins air-conditioned?All of our 28 cabins are air-conditioned!
17. Are there televisions and phones in the cabins?None of our cabins have televisions or phones in them. We do have a television in our main lodge.
18. Are linens provided?All of the beds in your cabin will have pillows, mattress pads, bedspreads and blankets. Sheets and pillow cases are available to rent for the week – or you can bring your own. Towels are also available to rent during your stay – or you can bring your own.
19. Do I need to bring my own kitchen and cooking supplies?Every kitchen is stocked with plates, cups, bowls, basic cooking supplies, silverware, knives, cutting boards, serving bowls/utensils, pots and pans and frying pans. Each kitchen also has a microwave, toaster, coffee pot and coffee filters.
20. Is there somewhere I can ride my bike?Many of our guests enjoy walking and biking on the county road that runs by the resort, as there is minimal traffic. There are also almost 16 miles of paved bike trail at Itasca State Park (located just 10 miles from Brookside!) and 27 miles of paved bike trails between Park Rapids and Walker.
21. Where can I get groceries?We do not carry grocery items for purchase in our lodge; however, the Two Inlets Country Store is located approximately 2 miles away from Brookside and offers basic grocery items and fishing licenses. Park Rapids is approximately 14 miles away and has several full grocery stores that are open 24 hours/day.
22. What is there to do in the Park Rapids Area?The Park Rapids area is known for being a great family vacation destination. Some of the most popular activities include Itasca State Park and the headwaters of the Mississippi River, shopping, bike trails, and our beautiful lakes!
23. Why should I choose Brookside for my family vacation?The Park Rapids area is home to many great resorts; however, there are several things that set Brookside apart including the fact that we are the largest family owned and operated resort in Minnesota. We are constantly improving our 28 housekeeping cabins and our facilities to offer a unique combination of the old charm of a Minnesota lake vacation and updated, modern comforts. We continue to offer a full schedule of FREE supervised activities for kids – and many activities for adults – including our waterskiing program. Our lakeside indoor-outdoor swimming pool and sunning deck is a unique feature and our 9 hole golf course is another great amenity. We pride ourselves in helping you and your family slow down, relax, and make memories that will last a lifetime!
- Dear Brookside,
Our children loved learning to golf and swim, plus your staff is so accommodating.
~ Greg P.
Hayrides and Pool FunKids make special memories!
View the schedule