If you are considering a first-time visit to Brookside, we think there are a few things you need to know! And if you are used to vacationing in a hotel or condo, this information might be especially helpful in getting the most out of your first visit to Brookside:
- No Wi-Fi?!? Yep, you read that right: there is no WiFi in our cabins. We do offer free and unlimited WiFi in our lodge (open daily from 9am – 10:00 pm), but the decision to keep it out of the cabins is an intentional one. We think most families (including ours!) are really connected most of the time. But we also think there is something really special about disconnecting from everything but each other. Card games will be played, marshmallows will be roasted, and books will be read! Also, you have never really seen the stars until you have laid on a dock and looked up at a sky almost more full of stars than blackness. You might skip that one if you can live stream Netflix.
- What about the bedding? We have a unique way of doing bedding and linens at Brookside. Each bed in your cabin comes equipped with a mattress pad, pillows, and a blanket. However, we do not provide sheets and pillowcases unless you have reserved them ahead of time (for a charge of $10/bed). If you don’t want to rent them – you are welcome to bring your own.
- Towels? We do not provide towels in any of our cabins – but bath towels are available to rent ($10/set and a set = 2 bath towels and wash cloth). When you rent bath towels, we also include kitchen towels. Of course, you are welcome to bring your own! We do not rent or provide pool or beach towels so definitely add them to your packing list.
- Your Kitchen: Brookside cabin kitchens are equipped with plates, bowls, silverware, mugs, cups, pots & pans, and all of the typical kitchen utensils. We do not, however, provide anything disposable in the kitchen (except garbage bags!) or any condiments or food items (think: salt & pepper) -so you will want to bring your own!
- Family Focus: At Brookside, we are really focused on families. This means that we try to keep all of our activities, facilities, and interactions completely kid-friendly. This also means that we really do enforce our quiet hours (after 11 PM), discourage excessive drinking, and ask that any smoking be done away from the main common spaces (pool, main beach, playgrounds, etc).
- Things we don’t ever allow: Jet-Skis, ATV’s, and Pets.